Education in a Christian Nation
- Bring up a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
- Give me the child, and I will give you the man
. Represented by Godly Men who Rise to Maturity in a Society where all Serve others and Love God and Neighbor as Self.
- Living Together and Honoring the Boundaries of a Biblical Society
Learning - What Works?
- Betrayal of the Founders’ Vision for America
- The Secularization of Government & Society
- The Seduction of Socialism
- The Subtle Errors of Libertarianism
- The Christian Renewal of America
- A Roadmap to a Christian Nation
- Legislation for a Righteous Society
- A Contract with Christian America
What Should be Taught?
- Life is for learning, and the lesson is Godliness
- The schoolyard and classroom is life and relationships
- We are here on in this creation to develop character and maturity by hiding the Word in our hearts
- By knowing His Word, we can know His Way
Memorize and Reason
- The challenge of life is resisting temptation, but the reward is the development of character.
- Avoid the ways of wickedness, discipline rebellion, and overcome evil with good.
Theory and Application
- God gave the Words of the Bible to man through inspiration as they were moved by His Holy Spirit.
- His Words are True and they guide men in the ways of righteousness.
- God desires that man walk in His Way, and will cleanse and forgive those who accept the sacrifice of His Son.
Learn from your Love
- Those who have a heart for His law and His Way will see God and be in His presence.
- The test, challenge, trial and the process of life is living in right relationship with self, neighbor, and God.
- We express our love to God when we follow His law and Way in relationship to self and others.
- We have complete liberty to act within the boundaries of His Law.
- We deserve Freedom because we Follow His Way and Rightly Discern, Confront, and Punish Evil
Anchor Knowledge in Truth
- God’s nature is love and He has created us in His image, in the hope of satisfying His desire for relationship.
- God only allows perfection in His presence, and He has given us a way to purification through Christ.
- He is the standard of perfection, and His Way is perfect.
- God and Man have different natures, but we can develop in His Way by choice, thought, speech, and action.
- Pushing against the hungers of the flesh and developing Godliness is the real process of life.
Teaching the Next Generation
Continuing to Learn for a Lifetime
By: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND As a society, we have attempted to monitor the quality of education, such as in the "No Child Left Behind" program. But, the down-side of such programs to ensure a quality education is the threat and possibility of a central regulating...