The Economics of a Christian Nation
The Workman is Worth His Wages
- The American economic experiment began in 1620 when the Pilgrims founded Plymouth Colony.
- The Pilgrims were Puritans/Separatists, who came to America to practice Christianity, free from the mandates of the Church of England.
- Those funding the expedition stipulated that all produce was placed in communal ownership.
- The first year their production was very low, contributing to the deaths during the first winter.
- The second year, each man cultivated his own land and the harvest was plentiful.
A Diagnosis of the Retreat & Return to a Godly America
- Betrayal of the Founders’ Vision for America
- The Secularization of Government & Society
- The Seduction of Socialism
- The Subtle Errors of Libertarianism
- The Christian Renewal of America
- A Roadmap to a Christian Nation
- Legislation for a Righteous Society
- A Contract with Christian America
Life in Relationship
- Life is for learning, and the lesson is Godliness
- The schoolyard and classroom is life and relationships
- We are here on in this creation to develop character and maturity by hiding the Word in our hearts
- By knowing His Word, we can know His Way
The Challenge of Life
- The challenge of life is resisting temptation, but the reward is the development of character.
- Avoid the ways of wickedness, discipline rebellion, and overcome evil with good.
His Word Lights the Way
- God gave the Words of the Bible to man through inspiration as they were moved by His Holy Spirit.
- His Words are True and they guide men in the ways of righteousness.
- God desires that man walk in His Way, and will cleanse and forgive those who accept the sacrifice of His Son.
Liberty Follows from the Love of His Law
- Those who have a heart for His law and His Way will see God and be in His presence.
- The test, challenge, trial and the process of life is living in right relationship with self, neighbor, and God.
- We express our love to God when we follow His law and Way in relationship to self and others.
- We have complete liberty to act within the boundaries of His Law.
- We deserve Freedom because we Follow His Way and Rightly Discern, Confront, and Punish Evil
God is Love
- God’s nature is love and He has created us in His image, in the hope of satisfying His desire for relationship.
- God only allows perfection in His presence, and He has given us a way to purification through Christ.
- He is the standard of perfection, and His Way is perfect.
- God and Man have different natures, but we can develop in His Way by choice, thought, speech, and action.
- Pushing against the hungers of the flesh and developing Godliness is the real process of life.
Incorporation of The Way of Christ
Into Government, Society, and Personal Life
The Federal Reserve The Influence of the Super-Rich Security and Money as a Store of Value by: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND 6/11/2009 ----- Original Message ----- From: John To: "Thomas Lee Abshier" Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 3:07 PMSubject: Fractional Reserve Banking as...
By: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND2/20/2011 From: John H. To: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 5:57 PM Subject: 2-hour video: "The Secret of Oz" - best documentary of 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swkq2E8mswI How history (since Rome) has been...
by: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND 5/28/2010 From: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 11:39 PM To: John Subject: Looking Backward John, I've spent a few hours today reading the book you recommended, “Looking Backward”, published in 1888, which you said is the...
By: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND 6/11/2011 Summary: Part 1: In this essay I propose a new paradigm for increasing the money supply without inflation, reaching full employment, and steadily increasing the wealth of all economic classes. Summary: Part 2: Like a watch or...
(Solving the problems of Deficit Spending and Poverty) By: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND 6/11/2010 Government has taken it upon itself to solve the problem of poverty by implementing various utopian solution such as wealth redistribution programs. The problem has not been...
by Thomas Lee Abshier, ND Government should be the focal forum in the debate on national priorities. Taxes and group purchases (governmental expenditures) are the action-expression of society’s priorities and desires. These functions reflect government’s...
By: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND Spiritual aspects of Nation Building Without a good spiritual foundation they labor in vain who attempt to build a nation. The spiritual and social well-being of a country is the foundation of an economy. Teaching people the Gospel...
By: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND 11/26/2010 Overview: The following is a short development of the next point in the theory of how to return America to prosperity. The key is giving, short term sacrifice, teaching righteous law and government, and the unemployed working to...
by: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND 4/25/2004 Dear Thomas, I have a great concern for the economic future of the United States. The source of all wealth is production. All other jobs service that production or service those who benefit from that production. The policies of our...
By: Thomas Lee Abshier The Free Market Economy self-organizes a prosperous mutually beneficial system by simply allowing the individuals comprising the society (people and corporations) to maximize their pleasure and minimize their pain. Allowing individual...