Thomas Lee Abshier, ND
Principles of a Christian Nation:
- Return to acknowledging Christianity as our moral, societal, legal foundation
- Reject “Separation of Church and State”
- Establish law based upon Christian principles.
- Return our nation to Godly rule under the Lordship of Jesus Christ
- Influence the culture by reason for Godliness
- Liberty is the Fruit of Righteousness
- Freedom is the Reward for Godliness
- Serve your God and Country through Daily Personal Righteousness
- Preach the Good News of Christ to the Whole World, to People of all Faiths
- Return the relationship of States and Federal government to the 10th Amendment template
- Return the Federal Government to Constitutionally authorized scope as per the Founders’ intent, as per the 9th, 10th, and 11th Amendments.
- Strip the Commerce clause of its universal applicability to all activities of all people, and return it to its intent of keeping trade “regular”
- Amend the Constitution to expand the scope of Federal Government if such powers are deemed necessary.
- State power over all issues moral issues (drug use, sexual conduct, abortion, euthanasia…)
- State powers over all social organization issues such as: health care, education, environment, energy…
- All moral/behavioral laws shall be the purview of local and State governments.
- All vices: tobacco, alcohol, drugs, pornography, gambling, prostitution… shall be regulated by State and Local law, not Federal.
Line item veto
- One concept one bill
- All bills read in Congress before voting on them
- All bills posted on the Internet prior to voting, and delayed on their vote until the public debate has come to a cultural consensus.
Stop Judicial Activism:
- Amend the Constitution, do not bend or rewrite it by Judicial Activism
- Support for the Constitution Restoration Act of 2004, HR 3799
- Remove the Supreme Court’s jurisdiction to rule on Constitutional issues pertaining to God
- Legislation: Reverse Everson v. Board of Education (1947 Supreme Court Ruling introducing the historically unknown concept, & opposite to the intention of the Founders,“Separation of Church and State”)
Acknowledge that we are a Christian Nation:
- Christian principles as moral foundation for law and social relationships
- Return to America’s Foundation as a Christian Nation
- Teach children our Christian heritage
- The Constitution viewed as the a distillation of Biblical principles
- Christian Principles as the governing pattern for Executive orders, Legislation, Judicial decisions, and Administrative law
- Reverse trends in toward Globalism, New World Order, Socialism
- Break treaties that violate the US Constitution
- Positive identification
- Auditable paper trail for all votes
- All domestic electronic, written, voice communications shall be private
- Exceptions: conspiracy to commit illegal or revolutionary activities.
Economic Recovery and Prosperity:
- Free Market, Capitalist economy, with transparent accountability.
- Trading equivalency
- Energy Independence
- Domestic manufacturing capability
- Financial independence
- Repeal NAFTA, GATT, CAFTA
- Apply tariff to level imports that equalize costs associated with US mandated environmental, legal, regulatory burdens
- Corporate tax rate equivalent to foreign industrialized nations
- Transfer all Federal programs to private charitable responsibility, e.g. Churches, service organizations, non-profits.
- Personal contact and accountability to peer and group structure.
Remove incentives for single parenthood.
- Divorce as a lengthy and costly procedure, unless with cause.
- Penitence from penitentiary, and Corrections from corrections institutions
- Bible instruction, counseling, skill and relationship development.
- Repayment of debt to the victims or society.
- 17% flat tax, Fair Tax, National Sales Tax, to Provide for the common defense, and promote the general welfare for ourselves and our posterity.
- The President may use the Marines for police actions, but protracted actions should be considered by Congress.
War on Terror:
- Properly identify the enemy as Militant Islam
- Vanquish the enemy, and preach the Gospel
- Close the borders to illegal immigration
- A society can only exist as long as it maintains its integrity.
- The goal is leadership as a Godly nation, not unity and conformity
- English only as our national language, no dual language option
- Schools, voting, phone messages, product brochures, all in English
- A State’s rights issue. Let the people decide on issues of morality.
- Ban Abortion except when mother’s life is actually endangered (e.g. ectopic pregnancy)
- Carrying a child/life once conceived is a Service to God – not just an inconvenience or a choice
- Oppose Euthanasia, Fetal Stem Cell Research, and Human Cloning
- Support for Traditional Marriage
- Support Defense of Marriage Amendments
- No Hate Speech legislation criminalizing criticism of homosexuality
- State and local laws to regulate or allow sexual behavior, e.g. Adultery, homosexuality, incest, pederasty, etc.
- Repeal of no-fault divorce – recognize the effect and consequence of marital misbehavior. Marriage is not just a business contract.
- Remove domestic drilling restrictions, drill in ecologically sensitive manner
- Full tax deduction for development of alternative energy with accountability and report on expenditures.
- Research toward Hydrogen-based transportation systems
- Methanol as a bridge fuel (“Energy Victory” by Robert Zubrin)
- Investment in the Godly Countries, and Prosperity through Nation Building
- Overcome world poverty by investment in 3rd World Infrastructure Development
- Nation Building through Missions, Energy, and Industrialization
- Environmental Stewardship & Ecosystem Maintenance
- Recycling Clean Energy, Co-Farming, Habitat protection, Desert reclamation, & Proper Forest Management
- Balance between Nature Preservation & Human Needs
- Nature is God’s Gift to Man, it Must be Respected
- Proper Compensation by Government for Appropriated Land
- Midwest Aquifer Depletion & Southwest Drought
- Encourage R&D and implementation of Solar-Desalinization Technologies
- Medical Efficacy Evaluation of Alternative & Conventional Medical Treatment
- National “Outcome-Feedback System”
- Medical Cost Reductions through Preventive Lifestyle Incentives
- Discretionary Medical Savings Accounts to Access Alternative Care
- Support for the Right to Bear Arms for defense against criminals and tyranny
- Education and training in proper use, and time to use, of firearms
- Local militia membership for all adults in defense of homeland – use Switzerland as a model
- K-12 Implement programs with proven success.
- Non-denominational Godly precept instruction is the foundation of education
- Choice & Competition in Education (Public, Charter, & Home Schools)
- Displaced worker retraining by industry. Training enables Productivity
- Education throughout a Lifetime