The View of God in a Christian Nation
The Search to Find God
- The Hope of America is in being a Nation with Jesus as Lord and God as our Father
- Governed as
a ChristianConstitutional Republic
- Represented by Godly Men who Rise to Maturity in a Society where all Serve others and Love God and Neighbor as Self.
- Living Together and Honoring the Boundaries of a Biblical Society
A Diagnosis of the Retreat & Return to a Godly America
- Betrayal of the Founders’ Vision for America
- The Secularization of Government & Society
- The Seduction of Socialism
- The Subtle Errors of Libertarianism
- The Christian Renewal of America
- A Roadmap to a Christian Nation
- Legislation for a Righteous Society
- A Contract with Christian America
Life in Relationship
- Life is for learning, and the lesson is Godliness
- The schoolyard and classroom is life and relationships
- We are here on in this creation to develop character and maturity by hiding the Word in our hearts
- By knowing His Word, we can know His Way
The Challenge of Life
- The challenge of life is resisting temptation, but the reward is the development of character.
- Avoid the ways of wickedness, discipline rebellion, and overcome evil with good.
His Word Lights the Way
- God gave the Words of the Bible to man through inspiration as they were moved by His Holy Spirit.
- His Words are True and they guide men in the ways of righteousness.
- God desires that man walk in His Way, and will cleanse and forgive those who accept the sacrifice of His Son.
Liberty Follows from the Love of His Law
- Those who have a heart for His law and His Way will see God and be in His presence.
- The test, challenge, trial and the process of life is living in right relationship with self, neighbor, and God.
- We express our love to God when we follow His law and Way in relationship to self and others.
- We have complete liberty to act within the boundaries of His Law.
- We deserve Freedom because we Follow His Way and Rightly Discern, Confront, and Punish Evil
God is Love
- God’s nature is love and He has created us in His image, in the hope of satisfying His desire for relationship.
- God only allows perfection in His presence, and He has given us a way to purification through Christ.
- He is the standard of perfection, and His Way is perfect.
- God and Man have different natures, but we can develop in His Way by choice, thought, speech, and action.
- Pushing against the hungers of the flesh and developing Godliness is the real process of life.
Incorporation of The Way of Christ
Into Government, Society, and Personal Life
An Examination of Good and Evil, Part II
by Thomas Lee Abshier, ND 10/20/2005 Dear Steven, (From Thomas) Continuing on with my previous essay, I would like to expand on the concepts that I introduced in the previous letter about the origin and purpose for Good and Evil. From the perspectives of life that you...
The Distinction between Good and Evil – Part 1
By: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND ----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven" To: "Thomas Lee Abshier, ND" Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:51 PM Subject: Resist not evil Thomas, I don't have the energy or the interest to engage in a tug-of-war right now. As I see it, all...
The Spiritual Authority of the Bible
by: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND ----- Original Message ----- From: Steven To: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 12:21 AM Subject: Re: Spiritual Authority of the Bible Dr. Tom, (Steven) I spent some time on your website. You have obviously put a great...
The Moralistic Nature of Christianity
By: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND ----- Original Message ----- From: Steven To: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 1:02 PM Subject: The moralistic Nature of Christianity Sir Tom, It would be interesting if you could give a very short comment to each of the...
The Validity of Biblical Text
By: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND Dear Steven, Thanks for reading my essay. I'm always pleased and surprised when someone takes the time to consider my words and make comments. (Stephen) I wonder... when the church assembled the various texts into the Bible as we know it...
Faith versus Works
By: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND Dear Thomas, At the day of doom, men shall be judged according to their fruits. It will not be said then, “Did you believe?” but, “Were you doers, or talkers only?” -- John Bunyan Better they should be accountable in the present. Jonathan....
Christianity as the Highest Religion
By: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND Dr. Tom, I have to hand it to you. I think a lesser man than you would have gotten out of this conversation long ago and would have told me to buzz off. I have felt considerable judgment and anger, not toward you particularly, but toward...
The End of Faith
By: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND ----- Original Message ----- From: Jonathan To: Thomas Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2005 10:47 AM Subject: The End Of Faith, by Sam Harris http://www.samharris.org/ Thomas, What do you think of the arguments made in Sam Harris' book, "The End...
Paradox and Truth
by: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND ----- Original Message ----- From: Steven To: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2005 4:02 PM Subject: Paradox and Truth Dear Tom, My goodness. I am moved by the large amount of time and energy you have invested in your response...
Prophecy as Prediction and Pattern
By: Thomas Lee Abshier, ND Written in response to an article by Bill Sizemore: http://www.newswithviews.com/Bill/sizemore34.htm Essay Summary: Biblical prophecy is ambiguous in its specificity, and the multiple interpretations of the end-time prophesy (eschatology)...
Subscribe to my newsletter.